View Full Version : free T-shirt for Java experts
12-15-2000, 03:12 PM
12-16-2000, 02:14 AM
Ok, here are the answers to the Java Quiz for all you non-Java people :D
You have to answer 4 out of 5 questions to get the T-shirt or thermus.
1. In Java, which is a threadsafe class by default?
Answer: A. Vector
2. When developing a word processor to implement the undo function which design pattern would be most helpful?
Answer: C. Command
3. In Java, what is the class name for mutable (modifiable) strings?
Answer: D. StringBuffer
4. In Java Server Pages (JSP) what is the difference between the @include tag and the the jsp:include tag?
Answer: B. The @include tag is evaluated only when the JSP is compiled into a servlet, not on every request.
5. Which Java collection class should you use when you do not know the size of the collection?
Answer: B. Vector
6. Data-hiding is better known by what Object Oriented buzzword?
Answer: D. Encapsulation
7. Which is FALSE about local inner classes?
Answer: C. Can use any local variables or method parameters within their scope.
8. In Java, which one of the following implements the java utilities list interface?
Answer: B. Stack
9. In Java, when you use the == operator with 2 objects, what are you doing?
Answer: A. 2 references refer to the same object
10. What language is used to implement deployment descriptors in a J2EE system?
Answer: A. XML
11. Which of the following is not a server-side technology for generating dynamic web pages?
Answer: D. DHTML
12. In Java, which of the following in unsigned?
Answer: E. None of the Above
13. In Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), what type of bean would you typically use to represent a business object in the database?
Answer: B. Entity Beans
14. An object that has to be passed as input data to an RMI call must minimaly implement which of the following interfaces?
Answer: B. java.io.Serializable
15. In Java, which one of the following is not a valid reference type?
Answer: C. Indirect
16. What does UML stand for?
Answer: D. Unified Modelling Language
17. What is the name of the method used to schedule thread execution?
Answer: B. Start
18. Which one of the following is not a scope variable for a JSP bean?
Answer: D. Response
19. Which of these would a use case not specify?
Answer: D. None of the Above
20. In Java, which keyword would you employ when programming multiple, interdependent threads?
Answer: B. Synchronized
21. Which tags are mandatory when creating HTML to display an applet?
Answer: D. code, height, width
22. What is the effect of adding a sixth element to a vector created as follows: Vector V=newvector(5,10)?
Answer: C. Vector grows in size to a capacity of 15 elements.
23. In Java, which of the following exception types has to be specified in a throws clause when thrown?
Answer: C. java.langException
24. In Java, when you wish to instantiate an object whose type is not known at compile time what language feature would you use?
Answer: C. Reflection
Hope that helps!!! :D
Thanks Supox. Hopefully one day I'll know all those on my own
12-16-2000, 10:23 AM
12-16-2000, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the help with the answers. I think everyone only gets five questions, so you might not get all of the questions listed. They will be asked out of order. It also seems that you have the option of choosing a cup instead of a shirt, but I took the shirt.
12-16-2000, 03:40 PM
Thanks a bunch for the answers. I hope to be able to answer those questions on my own some day too.
12-16-2000, 05:39 PM
hummm 5....i got 10 questionz...o well answered them anywayz...got 8 right wohoo
12-16-2000, 09:17 PM
I may have gotten one or two of them wrong, but I think I got them all right. If anyone finds a mistake feel free to correct me :D
I did the quiz again and I only got 5 questions. I wonder why you got 10..interesting.
I think I redid the quiz about 20 times to get all the questions.
01-17-2001, 11:11 AM
I Went For The Tumbler - Nice Extra Heavy Duty!!
02-13-2001, 09:21 PM
WOOOHOOO!!!!! Got mine T-Shirt today. :cheers::cheers:
Neil "Bob" Bigguns
02-14-2001, 12:53 AM
Hey, I got mine also thanx MR X, sweet T-SHIRT too.
02-14-2001, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the answers Supox.
And mysterX, again, thanks!
02-14-2001, 08:58 AM
is the deal steal active... it says something about running through 2000... ?!?
02-14-2001, 10:06 AM
I believe the contest is now over :-(
02-14-2001, 03:07 PM
The funny thing is that I haven't received my shirt yet.
They probably disqualified me for taking the quiz too many times from the same IP address.
Oh well :)
02-26-2001, 09:40 PM
Hey! I got my tumbler today! VERY NICE CUP!
02-26-2001, 10:27 PM
No more free t-shirt from this. :(
got my tshirt today. looks nice.
02-27-2001, 09:11 PM
To bad they stoped a while ago giving the T-shirts out!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.