View Full Version : Free travel mug, tote bag, or umbrella
10-03-2008, 10:41 PM
10-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Their sample message reads:
In George W. Bush's first 100 days in office, he refused to sign the Kyoto Protocol and put forth a policy favoring increased exploration for fossil fuels and rapid construction of new power plants, rather than exploring conservation and sustainable power generation. Actions like these, put out so early in his administration, set the tone for eight environmentally destructive years.
As you may be the next President, I am writing to ask you to differentiate yourself from Bush's policies of the past, and accomplish the following during your first 100 days in office:
1. Introduce legislation to cap global warming pollution.
2. Commit to creating new incentives to unleash energy innovation and build the green jobs sector.
3. Invest in public transportation alternatives to help Americans drive less.
4. Support alliances of industry, environmentalists, and landowners to protect endangered wildlife.
5. Take on the overfishing crisis through new economic incentives for fisherfolk.
By accomplishing these 5 tasks, you will be setting the stage for an environmentally protective administration, and taking the first steps toward undoing the damage the past 8 years have caused. I urge you to implement this To-Do List within your first 100 days in office.
I slightly modified it to read:
The need for increasing domestic oil exploration and production is obvious.
As you may be the next President, I am writing to ask you to do everything in your power to take advantage of the available oil resources that we have, including expanding offshore drilling and opening up areas such as ANWR to oil drilling.
Not only will this reduce our future dependence on foreign oil, but it will keep the profits for our oil consumption within the US economy.
I wonder if I'll still get my free umbrella? :shrug:
12-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Got my free umbrella yesterday.
12-13-2008, 05:38 AM
I just saw this and here is my reply: :puke:
Admit you are NOT an American Citizen and cannot be the President!
Quit taxing me to death. Do you think I'm stupid? All these promises you are making for improvements take money. STOP THE PORK!
How about paying for all these improvements with your salary not mine. I work for a living.
You have enough money and so do all the millionaire Senators and Congress.
Drop your salary and theirs to minimum wage and see how it feels.
Build up our military. We are going to need it really soon. Inside country and outside.
Arm citizens that are willing and able. Provide the needed training to those citizens to be armed safely. Armed citizens are the last line of defense when (not if) my USA is attacked.
I hope he gets this. Oh well, I asked for an umbrella anyway. Doubt I'll get it.
12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Here is my version,
Since their version is so full of BO, BS and other things that aren't said in polite company.
In George W. Bush's first 100 days in office, he WISELY refused to sign the Kyoto Protocol and put forth a policy favoring increased exploration for fossil fuels and rapid construction of new power plants, which included exploring conservation and sustainable power generation. Actions like these, put out so early in his administration, set the tone for eight environmentally SOUND and Conservative years. Remember, CONSERVATISM mean Being Planet Friendly.
As you may be the next President (NOT MINE as you are a Piece of ****), I am writing to DEMAND you to DO As as I and the Majority of Real Americans want and accomplish the following during your first 100 days in office:
1. Introduce legislation to Drill in ANWR where we have Decades of Crude the Russians are going to take from US, Drill off of Florida, Cuba and China already are, and they'll just say F-OFF if they spill a bunch of oil!
2. Commit to creating new incentives to unleash energy resources we already HAVE and explore new technologies for new and different energy sources. Just don't be so stupid and forget things like HYDROELECTRIC plants even on smaller rivers is FREE and NON Polluting Energy once the damn dam is built.
3. Invest in getting cities to TIME the F'ING Traffic lights so traffic doesn't get backed up causing unnecessary idling, brake wear, accidents and needless re-acceleration after stopping at EACH BLOCK!
4. Support alliances of industry, and the Financial sectors for Advice, The USA really did start dwindling when Woody Wilson and other idiots (FDR) started consulting College Professors (Teachers teach because they CANNOT ACTUALLY DO) on how to run Business or Finances.
5. Take on the fact that our Fisheries need incentives NOT more stifling regulations to breed more fish. We don't have ENDANGERED COWS, Make money on a raising an animal, and we won't have them "endangered"
6. Eliminate Illegal Aliens! Start MASSIVE deportation, Force ABLE Bodied WELFARE Sponges to take the jobs that the Illegals had been doing.
Make TAXPAYERS out of TAX SPONGES!
By accomplishing these 6 tasks, you will be setting the stage for a TAXPAYER protective administration, and taking the first steps toward undoing the damage the past 80 years have caused. I urge you to implement this To-Do List within your first 100 days in office.
12-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I really like these last two posts. Anyway, the umbrella is just as much a piece of ****! It started raining here in San Diego yesterday, and the first time I popped the damn thing open, two of the plastic pieces broke off the ends of their rods.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.