View Full Version : Metroid: Other M
09-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Anybody picking it up this week? Would love to hear about how the gameplay is compared to the previous titles.
09-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Ive been playing it for a few days now. It feels more like the 2d games. Specific changes in gameplay are:
Samus can now recharge one bar of health when critical (it will also refill all her missiles.) This ditches the crate busting in the prime games. Samus can now physically attack some enemies by pouncing on them and shooting them in the face. A stunned enemy will be finished off this way. Dodging is done by moving at the last second, if successful it will instantly charge her power shot for a counter attack.
09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Still getting used to bouncing back and forth between the 3rd and 1st person view (requires to you change the axis of the controller). There is a certain final fantasy element to it with the story line that I'm not crazy about. There's some added drama that didn't exist in previous versions.
Overall it's entertaining so far. It has all the Metroid staples.
09-28-2010, 04:26 AM
I think its a solid game despite the bull**** reviews its been getting. All people complain about is the story and the destruction of her character. Not one review mentions the details of gameplay or the boss fights. Just watch out for the glitch in Section 3:
There is a door in Sector 3 that cannot be unlocked and opened. It remains red and locked, making it impossible to advance in the game.
Location Of The Door:
The door that remains red and locked is located in the basement of the Desert Refinery in Sector 3. After defeating the crustacean boss enemies located on the top level of the Desert Refinery, an elevator appears that goes down to this area. The door can be found on the other side of the wall from the three Grapple Points.
The Cause Of This Problem And How To Avoid It:
This sequence of events will cause the door in Sector 3 to remain locked:
1. In the room after the large lava area in Sector 3, battle the Space Pirates to unlock the Ice Beam.
2. Proceed to the second room ahead.
3. Defeat the enemies with spiked, purple legs to unlock the door at the end of the room.
- To create the issue: Do not go through this door and instead backtrack to the room where the Ice Beam was obtained. Continuing to play from here creates the issue.
- To avoid the issue: Proceed through the door that was just unlocked at the end of the room before doing any backtracking to any previous rooms.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.