View Full Version : Up your GRADES
12-01-2001, 10:18 PM
Well well well its that time of year
where santa claus comes and gives me some upgrades
now its either a ATI RADEON 8500 or
AMD XP 1600 and a Shuttle Ak31 MOBO - WHO EVER LIVES IN TORONTO< CANADA please tell me a cheap place to buy one
which one ppl
my sepcs are
384 MB ram 133
geforce 2 mx
20 GB WD 7200
12-02-2001, 09:31 AM
I'm 17 and work with my dad making 150 per 2 weeks in CAD MONEY
i need food and clothes etc
and each of the options cost like 3bills each..........
12-02-2001, 01:48 PM
I say you skip the food and clothes for the 3 bill period.
12-02-2001, 02:32 PM
12-02-2001, 03:10 PM
That's a tough call... If you DID get both... then which do you see upgrading first?
Know what I mean? If you could afford both, which one of the two would become obsolete first? The Chip+Mobo? Or the video card?
If you're planning on upgrading both at some point... then I'd get the video card first.
Later, you'll surely get the Athlon and Mobo for pennies compared to todays prices.
Speaking of pennies... that's my 2 cents.
12-02-2001, 06:21 PM
But i heard that the ATI RADEON 8500 in say 2 months will be dropping by ALOT!!!!!!! say 50.00
but the processor war.. does seem the same way
WHICH ONE WHICH ONE
i may get say like the AMD 1600 since its 3 bux more than teh 1.4 thunderchicken
12-02-2001, 06:37 PM
more like thunderRaven those suckers kick arse
12-02-2001, 09:27 PM
or take the money that you are going to use to upgrade, do a little research in some short term investments or something where you get some money, but keep your money liquid and when you have enough money (not just from the investments, but where ever), take your money out and get your stuff. by then the stuff will be lower in price or new stuff will be out for the price you were willing to pay today. im only saying this because i have a similar system and its plenty fast for most things today except some of the newest games.
12-02-2001, 11:53 PM
give ME the money :D
12-03-2001, 12:00 AM
Dunno, unless you are in dire need... I'd wait on both...
You have a decent system already, and the prices will drop a lot in the near future...
BUT... if I had to choose, with your system, I'd say go with the card... the mobo/cpu could wait a while longer...
12-03-2001, 01:06 AM
Get the cpu/mobo. You want something that will display the the threads faster. **** the video card, you need something that will better keep up with the video card you already have.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.