View Full Version : The Wall/Pink Floyd trivia
04-22-2002, 10:01 PM
Oh hell, I'd only be able to answer those if I'd watched it sober...
And what would be the point of that?
How are you supposed to get properly depressed if you're not good an hammered?
Good questions, though. Gonna have to drag out my copy... bet it's been 2 years since I've watched it...
04-23-2002, 02:05 AM
Damn people think they know Floyd. I DONT THINK SO!!!
To answer your questions:
1.you have pairs of hammers walking all the time (its also the symbol that you see for wish you were here)
2. he brings home a shell there is another scene where he picks up a dead pigeon or some other animal
3. bomb was dropped on him while he was on the phone (or at least that is what you see in the dream sequence)
4. Slices himself up while shaving off all his body hair he then destroys the room and floats in a pool
5. The dog is _______ ( I was asked to remove it by unnamed G|A member and did so out of respect to all board members) (no offense that is what it is called)
6. two albums have been on the charts, but the one that reigns supreme is dark side of the moon, however you are asking for the wall
7. Actually the poems are lyrics to other pink floyd songs - if you really want me to I can list the lyrics, but if you are a true fan you realize that it is other songs -
8. Um, well it depends on who you ask. If you ask Roger Waters what the wall symbolizes, he will tell you that the entire thing was a dramatization/opera rendition of certain parts of his life including his fathers death. In the movie itself, it was the walls that people put up to shield themselves.
9. Ok, you got me on that one.
10. It was a notice from the crown.
Now, the last time I actually watched the wall was over a year and a half ago. I have the movie on both DVD and laser disc.
Now if you consider yourself a true floyd fan, there are several things about the movie that you should know.
First off, there is a discrepancy between the credits and the real world - what is it?
Second, there is a song that almost every die hard loved, but wasnt released until VERY recently - what is it?
Third, name the band - in other words, Pink Floyd had a different name before it became Pink Floyd - what was it?
Fourth, also name all the members of Pink Floyd - past and present
Fifth, Shine on you Crazy Diamond is a tribute to a member of the band - what is the story behind the song and who was it for?
Sixth a few years ago (during the last tour) there was a mysterious visitor that posted tales of a coming event - what was the name of this visitor and what did he claim was going to happen?
Now there really isnt a movie you can go run to, to answer those questions...have fun.
04-23-2002, 02:55 PM
Ok, in answer to your request for clarification:
If you noticed I said that Dark Side has been at the top of the charts but that you were looking for the wall. Hence, since I said Dark side that was a correct answer
The notice was a letter in the form of a scroll: Kind ol' King George sent a scroll to mother when he heard father was gone. - Now if you answered my question you would have had the name of the song where you learn this information. :)
Ther battle where he died in was World War II at Anzio in 1944 (its seen on a memorial plate) - for this one I popped in the dvd.
The song is Money from Dark Side of the Moon - (however word stack is switched for stash)
"money get back, I am alright jack keep you hands off my stack
New car caviar, four star day dream I think I'll buy me a football team"
And I am 100% certain that he picks up an animal in the field. Now that I think about it, I think its a Rat or something. He brings it home shows his mother and then runs off and puts it in a cabin on the side of the river. The shekll thing that I was thinking of was actually gotten from his mom's drawer when he looks at the scroll and his fathers things.
Hope that answers your question....now how about trying mine.
04-23-2002, 11:56 PM
I see, you can pose a question but you cant take them.:D
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.