View Full Version : Citibank Palm IIIe Status : ARRIVED!!!
07-18-2000, 12:48 AM
Awesome. This thing just showed up at my door yesterday via UPS. It was only 7 days behind their promised 2 month delivery date and they rewarded me a 30 minute phone card for this.
I signed up on May 10 for the Citibank deal, and got it July 17. Probably the best deal I've done on Apex so far. For those of you who signed up for this be on the lookout for your Palm.
The thing that sucks about UPS is they just left it at my door after knocking once. I thought somebody ding-dong ditched as I live on a corner house so I didn't open the door. My mom brought in the package and I was like Oh Crap!
Since they came through on their offer I'll keep my account active for 4 more months http://www.gotapex.com/ubb/smile.gif
Ço£o§§ü§ - yeah you can read into it...
07-18-2000, 01:31 PM
same here. It came Friday last week.
07-18-2000, 01:41 PM
what is the link to that promo?
do they still have it going on now??
07-18-2000, 01:44 PM
Where was I When that happened....
I wish I started watching these forums earlier.... =(
Although I already have a palm V
07-18-2000, 02:40 PM
Yea, I just got mine yesterday! It was 2 weeks behind schedule, but all is forgiven. All I have left to do is pull out my $500 and I'm set.
07-18-2000, 03:43 PM
Ok, so I only just sent this deal in a couple weeks ago because they sent the info to me last month. Do you know if this has expired? It was labeled promotion c12 or something like that. They never sent me a delivery date or anything of the sort. Should I expect this deal to go through 2 months from now?
07-18-2000, 03:49 PM
The promotion code i used was different. Just call Citi/Fi and they'll tell you what the status is on the promotional offer. That's what I did when I was wondering why it was taking so long to send me the Palm IIIe.
i must have tuned out this deal...sounds cool though. should have noticed...
07-18-2000, 10:51 PM
I signed up at end of May, so should be getting Palm IIIe soon.
Promo expires end of August so there still is plenty of time for you peeps who didn't get in on it yet. $500 minimum to open your account. Use code cp.
Easiest to do over the phone - 1-800-224-8434
07-19-2000, 03:07 AM
quick questions... how is their banking service??? meaning did you guys have any problem getting and using your money??? how long must we hold an account for??? and is it hard to close out your account??? thanks
07-19-2000, 05:45 AM
Got mine recently as well. Best Buy, here I come!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tupacboy:
quick questions... how is their banking service??? meaning did you guys have any problem getting and using your money??? how long must we hold an account for??? and is it hard to close out your account??? thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, that would be great if someone could answer those...
07-19-2000, 04:23 PM
Ok, here's some info:
1) I signed up using the code CN as I am not a Citibank member even though I have a Ford Citibank Visa and MC.
2) I think the deal is valid until 08/05/00, but you'll have to check their page for the date.
3) Their service seems OK. Not amazingly fast, but they didn't lose my money or anything.
4) You must have 1 transaction per month. So I just had them pay a CC acount I was making small charges to for DVDs and stuff. It's free and you can pay online, so no stamps needed.
4) The account needs to be active for 6 months. Now some people said how can they enforce this if they send you the Palm after 2 months. Well, considering they will have you SSN and they are a legal creditor, they could screw you over big time if you renig.
My advice is to honor your end of the bargain. I don't think the $500 needs to stay in there, so pull out $490 the first month and $1 every month thereafter. They pay 3% or so anyway on the savings.
5) They are based on the East Coast, so closing you account for us SoCal people isn't as easy as driving up and saying kill it. But their CS has been nice to me, so I think we could do it on the phone.
Ço£o§§ü§ - yeah you can read into it...
08-11-2000, 02:19 PM
I got mine today!! Gonna eBay it!
Unless someone wants to buy it for $190.
08-11-2000, 02:38 PM
There's a link on Apex's deals page to get it for $99 shipped.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.