View Full Version : New Furniture
01-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Fiance just got hired for a new job in CT as the industrial relations rep for a fortune 500. So...given that we sold all of her furniture this December when she graduated with her masters, it's time to move to the good stuff.
We're looking for furniture deals on quality stuff, Thomasville, etc.
Thanks in advance.
01-18-2005, 08:23 AM
If they have a Rooms to Go near you they are haveing a pretty big sale at the moment. Don't know it that is high enough quality for you though. :shrug:
01-18-2005, 09:46 AM
I suggest to just go out and look, look, look. You will probably change your mind three or four times before settling for what you really want. I don't know how close you are to Mass. but Jordans furniture has a broad range of quality furniture.
01-18-2005, 12:10 PM
If you're buying quality stuff:
1. As Tom suggested, go looking. Find something you like? Get the mfr name, the part# of the unit & price
2. Once you have a list of things you want, check out Black's Furniture (http://www.blacksfurniture.com) to see if they carry the mfrs you want to buy.
3. If Black's lists the mfr of the items you want, give them a call & give them a list of item #'s & mfrs. They'll give you a quote that will likely be about 40-50% less than whatever store you saw the furniture in
4. Keep the following in mind:
- You'll have to pay for shipping from NC, which won't be cheap.
- You probably WON'T have to pay sales tax, which should make up for the shipping.
- It'll take anywhere from 4-8 weeks for the stuff to be delivered.
So, if you can wait for the delivery, you could save a significant chunk of cash.
01-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I would go to local stores in CT. You want to minimize shipping costs. This also allows you to shop local manufacturers and smaller stores which may sell at a lower cost. I was fortunate and purchased my furniture during labor day wekeend when everything was on sale. I'd recommend you look now and wait till president's day weekend in Feb for possible sales.
01-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the advice all. Yeah, cash is tight since she's closing on her house soon and with her in CT and me in OH, we're still working out our needs. But that shold resolve itself soon and she can go shopping.
01-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Ethan Allen has been having significant sales lately. My parents bought my fiance and I our bedroom set as a wedding gift and it was actually very well priced and great quality. The matress is a freaking dream. I love it.
Also, Ethan Allen is discontinuing a few collections and selling off the remaining pieces in their warehouses for super cheap.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.