View Full Version : What happens when a friend dies...
10-01-2005, 11:49 AM
it was a sad day.
10-01-2005, 01:07 PM
What a fun thought to consider on my birthday!
I want a party. A huge massive party. With a good mix of solemn music and fun music.
It should all be capped by Sir Mix-a-lot's ode to booty. I think that'd be the perfect way to leave people remembering me.
10-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I've always thought that the New Orleans jazz funerals were the best.
10-02-2005, 02:56 AM
So I guess you like the Irish style of wake then, eh? :cheers:
I will not have a funeral. The family tradition of a wake/party to celebrate my life will be followed. Hopefully I will live a life that deserves celebrating.
10-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Oddly, I am feeling a bit maudlin today, so this is a great topic. My ex, who is still one of my best friends, has been charged with arranging my funeral, as he knows everything that I want:
1) Catholic funeral mass, to appease my mother
2) "When Saints Go Marching In" N.O.-style procession out of church
3) Big party afterwrds with open bar
4) No one is allowd to wear black, not even my friend who wears only black (but because she's chic, not goth)
5) ALL cheesy 80s music!!!
6) Creamated and my ashes strewn while driving through in my favorite place in the whole world
For some reason, this has made me feel better to write out. I must be a little depresssed today. Oh I know, I'm lacking caffeine. :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.