Gateway - Gateway 6400 Server (P3 933, dual capable, Ultra160 SCSI, 128mb ram, etc) for $545 SHIPPED, NO TAX!!!
Folks, this is the ultimate server deal, and if you need a server (or even a
robust desktop), this is the way to go. It`s even cheaper than last time,
thanks to an AWESOME Gateway representative.
It uses the ServerWorks LE chipset motherboard, an dual board with up to
2GB of memory, and comes with an onboard dual channel Ultra120 SCSI controller.
- Read up on the Promo here.
- Check the specs on the online manual.
- Pentium III 933, dual capable
- Dual channel Ultra SCSI160 Controller onboard
- Integrated Intel 82559 10/100 NIC
- 7 PCI slots, 2 of them are 64bit/33mhz
- Integrated 32bit 4mb PCI video
- 128mb PC133 memory expandable to 2GB
- 9gb Ultra160 SCSI 7200rpm HardDrive
- 48X CD-Rom
- Keyboard + Mouse
- 300 Watt PS
- Very nice case (look at the picture in the manual, and check out the
cooling. There`s dual 120mm fans!)
- Looks to be the Asus CUR-DLS
Motherboard, pictures appear identical, and the motherboard even has a chip
labeled ASUS! If this is true, it has two 64bit/66Mhz PCI slots and up to
4GB of memory!
- Check out the price of this motherboard on PriceGrabber, $700.99 and
above, just for the mobo.
- OK, this is how you get it for $545 shipped. Call Rush at
800.846.2036 extension 55507. Tell him you want the 6400
server, and you heard it here on GOTAPEX that it`s $545 shipped.
If he`s on the phone, leave a voice message and he`ll call you back.
Don`t give up because there`s a grip of people that are trying to order.
- UPDATE: A few minutes ago, the price
was $495, but apparently Gateway is cracking down on this deal. Although
the promo was originally scheduled to go through the end of the month, chances
are, according to more than 1 Gateway Rep, it`ll be pulled by TOMORROW.
It`ll be back up to the ~$1000 price very soon. So HURRY.