Expires Tonight! DellSB - PowerEdge 400SC Server with i875P Chipset, 2.26Ghz P4, 128MB DDR, 40GB HD, 48x CD-ROM, and AGP Slot for $299 after Rebate with FREE Shipping!
They`ve dropped the price by $100 again, added a $100
rebate, free shipping, and a free processor upgrade.* It expires TONIGHT,
12/17/03, though.* You can buy it for as low as $299 for the 2.26Ghz P4
version with 533mhz system bus. The PowerEdge 400SC is an Intel i875P chipset
based server with an 8x AGP slot, which means you can pretty easily turn it into
a gaming, multimedia, or graphics workstation. Leon and I both own one of these
and we love it. It is compatible with 533Mhz and 800Mhz processors (hyperthreaded
too), there`s built in 2 channel S-ATA, there are 6 USB 2.0 ports, there`s built
in 10/100/1000 ethernet, 4 PCI slots (with both 5.0v and 3.3v universal
support), ADI 198x audio, and loads of other features. The AGP and audio are not
"officially" supported by Dell, but they work. Mine is incredibly stable and
fast. Here`s what you do:
- Go here for Dell Small Business PowerEdge Servers.
- Click on Customize It in the center left of the page under the
Recommended Systems, PowerEdge 400SC $299
- Almost of the options for the lowest cost should already be selected.
Change to the following options, plus add the freebies.
- Free Upgrade to an Intel® P4 2.26GHz,533FSB at a Celeron 2.0 price
- 100 Mail-In Rebate #42306! Redeem after system purchase at www.dell.com
- Standard Windows Keyboard,Gray
- Logitec System Mouse, Gray
- Add whatever other options you may want, though it`ll raise the cost.*
The hard drive upgrade seems like a good buy, since it`s 50% off:
- 50% OFF the Upgrade to a 80GB 7.2K RPM IDE Hard Drive [add $35 or
$1/month] or 50% OFF the Upgrade to a 120GB 7.2K RPM IDE Hard Drive [add $85
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Continue
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Add to cart
- Shipping is free. Send in the $100 mail in rebate (expires 12/17/03)
- Update: Leon and I both have 400SC`s.
Here`s a picture of mine with a Radeon 9700 Pro in the working 8x AGP slot.
- Update2: We`ve had loads of people
asking us about buying extra memory for the PowerEdge 400SC.* We`ve
always had great experiences with Crucial memory.* To answer some
questions, yes, non-ECC memory does work.* PC3200 memory is for the
800mhz FSB processor.* I`d personally suggest choosing by manufacturer
and choosing the memory for the Precision Workstation 360 (it gives you the
most memory choices, the PowerEdge 400SC config only allows you to choose ECC
memory).* Great prices and free shipping.*