I know the essential and MCI cash deals are over, but Lets post all the great deals CURRENTLY available for switching long distance providers...provide telephone #'s to apply for the programs if you have them!!
Heres a few switching deals that give airline mileage
Taken from http://www.mileageworkshop.com (they have the links to click)
1. American Airlines/MCI offer. 6,000 miles for long distance service.
2. Delta Airline/MCI offer. 6,000 miles for long distance service. Note: One reader informed us that calling 888-MCIDELTA provides an offer for 10,000 miles.
3. Hawaiian Airlines/MCI offer. 6,000 miles for long distance service.
4. Midwest Express/MCI offer. 6,000 miles for long distance service.
5. United Airlines/MCI offer. 6,000 miles for long distance service.
6. US Airways/MCI offer. 6,000 miles for long distance service.
7. Get 3 Southwest flight segment credits for new MCI long distance service when signing up online.
8. Earn 5,000 TWA miles (1,000 miles each month for 5 months) when you switch to MCI. Sign-up online and get an additional 1,000 miles for a total of 6,000 Aviators miles. This offer is better than the standard 5,000 miles offer listed below.
9. TWA/MCI offer. 5,000 miles for long distance service.
10. Sun Country Airlines: Switch to MCI to their 5 cent evenings and weekends 7 cent days $5.95/month program and after 90 days of MCI service, receive a voucher good for 1 free round trip anywhere Sun Country flies in the US. Call 800-754-0037 and ask for "Partners Promo".
11. America West has now joined with MCI to offer miles. Earn 3,000 bonus miles for signing up online.
12. Priority Club members can collect 7,500 bonus Priority Club points when switching to MCI. Call 800-243-7207 and mention bonus code Z75H.
13. Sign up for Sprint PCS digital wireless service and receive up to 5,000 Northwest miles. First 2,500 mile bonus will be deposited in your WorldPerks account up to 12 weeks after Sprint PCS Service has been activated. Second 2,500 mile bonus will be deposited in your WorldPerks account up to 12 weeks after sixth Sprint PCS invoice. You'll receive 5,000 Mileage Plan miles after your first Sprint long distance invoice, and another 2,500 Mileage Plan miles after your sixth invoice. Get 500 additional bonus miles (awarded after your sixth invoice) if you sign up online.
14. Earn DOUBLE Northwest WorldPerks miles for every dollar (10 miles per dollar spent instead of the usual 5 miles) with Sprint Nickel Nights. Plus earn 7,500 Bonus Miles just for signing up.
15. Earn 10,000 Virgin Freeway miles with new Sprint service and a 2,500 mile bonus after one year of service.
16. AT&T has added Continental as a partner. You'll earn 2,000 miles by simply switching to AT&T Residential long distance service and 1,000 miles by signing up for AT&T online billing. Also, earn 5 OnePass miles for every long-distance dollar spent.
17. Switch to AT&T and earn 3,000 Hilton HHonors points. Call AT&T at 800-288-2662, extension 58390 to sign up for the AT&T point program. You'll earn 3,000 bonus points for signing up and four points for every dollar spent afterwards. Remember, you can exchange Hilton points into frequent flyer miles with a number of airline programs.
18. Marriott Rewards gives a 5000 Point Signup Bonus and 5 points per each dollar spent on long distance service.
19. Starwood Preferred Guest members will receive 1000 points for signing up and 1 point for each dollar spent. To switch to AT&T, or to start earning Starpoints for current AT&T service, call 800-288-2662 ext. 66154. Available in the U.S. only.
20. Primus Canada replaces AT&T as the residential long-distance provider in Canada and as Air Canada's telephone partner as well. New Primus subscribers will receive 2,000 bonus miles when signing up for service, another 1,000 miles after paying their first invoice and an additional 2,000 miles in February 2000. This is in addition to the five miles they'll earn for every dollar spent as long as they spend a minimum of $15 each month. Aeroplan members who were earning miles with AT&T won't earn the enrollment bonus, but will continue to get five miles per dollar spent. Call 877-704-0799 to enroll.
Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have been using BigRedWire for 1 month now, and I am pretty satisfied with their service. You can talk for free for 100 mins everyday logically. You just have to go to their website and zap the calls within 5 days, but you can only zap a call every 24 hrs. keep in mind that call exceed 100 mins can't be zapped. One day I talked to my girl for so long and then it ends up like 2 hrs something, so I can't zap it. But the price is reasonable. 5 cents per min. I dun think I have to use phone card anymore.
no man i dont care about long distance rates i just want the bonuses for switching!
$150 Amazon GC
MCI is giving out $150 GC for switching your current long distance to them. I caught this in another thread I was reading and figured I would post it up here.
that's the link, the page might take a little while to load.
There is $4.95 monthly fee if your bill is under $25. 7 cents/min out of state
[Edited by niteskie on 11-21-2000 at 10:35 PM]
thanks...i jumped in on this one THERES NO MINIMUM COMMITMENT!!! SIgnup, get the bonus GC in a week and switch AGAIN to get another bonus!!
Lieutenant Junior Grade
All I've got to say is Essential.com is horrible. They double billed me numerous times, customer service took 30 minutes of holding to get through, and then I was hung up on twice after waiting those 30 mins. Not before one operator actually said, "Well what do you want me to do about it?" That was her response to me when I told her that I was double billed!
I cancelled them and filed a complaint to the FCC. Have Capsule Communications now, 4.9 cents per minute, no fees, can't be beat. I actually use LD, so I don't care about all those switching incentives, they are not worth it to me.