Alright, i've noticed a lot of the posts in software/OS have been about win2k, but i have a few new questions, so i thought i'd make my own thread.
1) I'm used to networking computers w/ win 98 SE, but havent completely figured out how to do it w/ Win2k. I normally setup a network to share/transfer files using a crossover cable. for win98, all i have to do to set this up is add the netbui protocol & file and printer sharing service. I've tried w/ win2k, but havent gotten it to work yet. How do i get this to work?
2) How do i get the equivalent of msconfig (win98) on win2000? (maybe tell me for winme as well for future reference )
3) I've heard that norton systemworks doesnt work on win2000, but norton sw 2001 pro works for me. Doesnt have all the same things in one button checkup on win2k though, so i have to run some of the utils seperately.
4) I've heard you can setup a firewall w/ win2000, how do you do this, and is it reliable?
5) Whats the diff between win2000 & win2000 advanced server? Would it be worth it to run win2k advanced serv. on a comp for personal use? Is it more complicated?
thats it for now i'll probably think of a few more as i use win2000 more
any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!
[Edited by Diablo on 01-09-2001 at 11:53 PM]