SWEET AND SAUCY GRILLED SALMON
Recipe by Alaska Fisherman Sarah Palin
* 1 can (12 oz.) tomato sauce
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup molasses
* 3 tbsp. ketchup
* 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
* 2 tbsp. dried minced onion
* 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tbsp. mustard
* 1 tbsp. dried bell pepper dices
* 1/4 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg
* 4 to 6 Alaska salmon fillets or steaks (4 to 6 oz. each)
Blend all ingredients, except seafood, in bowl; let set 10 to 15 minutes. Dip seafood into sauce, then place on hot oiled grill, not directly over heat source (coals or gas). Cover and vent. Cook about 6 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness, brushing with extra sauce, if desired. Do not overcook or burn edges.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Also great with Alaska halibut or cod!