1. get a babysitter for evilgremlin
2. go jam on your fiddle with your guitar-playin and banjo pickin buddies and let them tell you how much butt you kick
3. go listen to some professionals burn down the trailer park with some of the best bluegrass you've ever heard
4. realize that the mandolin is a really cool instrument that you already know how to play if you can play a fiddle and a guitar
5. drink a lot of beer
6. go out for a burrito bigger than your head
7. go drink and jam some more
8. go home at 430 am and turn on your computer
9. find an $800 value mandolin on ebay for ONLY $369 + $18 shipping
10. yahoo-chat with a certain guitar player who thinks a mandolin is a good idea... *cough* mojo *cough*
11. hit "buy it now" before you sober up
anyway, i'm excited. my new baby will be here in a week or so, and then i'll be able to burn down the trailer park eight ways to sunday...
as soon as i buy the shoulder strap, the case, the chord book, the play-along cd, the finger-picks...
i justify it in that i had exactly $371 in my paypal account as a result of selling useless crap on ebay out of my parents' basement. that is free money, and free money demands to be squandered!