Time to share!
I am going to make a LOT of cookies this year -- teachers, neighbors, friends, family...) I always make the same ones, so I am in need of some new ones. What are your favorites?
My friend Teri (she is currently in the Azores) always made no bakes and gave me this:
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
2 cups quick oats
1 cup white sugar
1-3 tbsp cocoa, depending on preference for chocolatiness
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add milk, sugar and cocoa. Mix well.
2. Bring to boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes, and remove from heat.
3. Immediately add oats. Mix well.
4. Spoon out onto baking sheet or waxed paper.
5. Let cool. The cookies will harden.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Will post another later