Alrighty... here's the deal, I imagine it's highly illegal, yadda yadda yadda, don't do this or you'll go to hell, etc ;p
Aaaaaanyhow, I have a query. WebCertificate lets your send $5 certificates that work like mini-Mastercards - Ecount.com lets me add money to my "ecount" my charging it to a credit card, and it also lets you "credit", or dump money off of your ecount, onto a credit card.
So, what's stopping a person from:
1. Creating a small army of Hotmail accounts
2. Sending $5 webcertificates to each of those accounts
3. On receiving the CC#'s for each of those webcertificates, going to Ecount and charging $5 to each of them.
4. "Crediting" or dumping that money onto a *real* credit card.
I mean, this is all of course assuming that Ecount doesn't make sure that you haven't already gotten a webcertificate, which I imagine they do. Because otherwise...
I think the webcertificates have to be sent to a email account that you pay for. So yahoo, hotmail, and etc are out.
Yep you can't use Hotmail accounts. Nice try though.
however many of us are on cable and we're allowed to have a few emails on just 1 account. I know I can get 7 email addresses from @home here. And 4 on Roadrunner. Those are legit. And you can actually call them up and tell them that your account isn't fake or whatever and they'll sign you up.
how do you get multiple accounts on pacbell dsl? does anyone know?
Unfortunately Ecount does not let you put money from a Webcertificate into and Ecount so this won't work.
[This message has been edited by brown234 (edited 06-03-2000).]
Not possible, they track internal MC #'s, yet everyone has a free unlited email acocutn, their filters can't stop you from getting 5 bucks for each forward from NameZero... ehheeh good luck
Lieutenant Junior Grade
you call that a loophole? geez. try this on for size.
1) make multiple legit email accts and send web certificates to each one.
2) sign up multiple accounts with paypal referring your main account each time.
3) add the web certificate as a credit card, thus giving you 5 bux. beam 10 bux to your primary account (5 free bux for adding credit card, 5 bux from web certificate).
total = 15 free bucks to your primary paypal account. free money for the summer.
yeah but I don't think you can use webcerts for any of those pay sites (i've already tried it)..
He's right..fraud is bad (no sarcasm here). I hope those fags who cheated AllAdvantage and got $3000-$4000/month for cheating get caught, those people RUINED AA..
Thanks to all for the replies satisfying my curiosity
A note to CiViC - while I too hope that if AllAdvantage curbed its plans due to cheating, the cheaters are caught - but please don't use language like 'fags'. It's mildly offensive to some (namely me).