I'm looking for an MP3 player for my wife for xmas, but I'm having trouble meeting some specific needs:
- Must be small & light - she'll use it almost exclusively while running. Armband plus a beltclip would be good, but I'd take one or the other
- Must have a decent FM tuner - she likes listening to the radio, but a lot of players I've seen have pretty weak tuners
- Must be flash based, not HD. All the running will kill a HD, plus it might get dropped now & then.
- Preferably would have an expansion card slot, but I can live without it if there's at least 256MB on board
- Would LOVE to be able to play standard MP3s without converting them. I don't want to have to install proprietary software to get the thing to work.
- Budget - under $200
I've looked at the Rio Cali sport & the Philips/Nike players, but the Rio seems to have a pretty bad FM tuner, and I've heard some bad reviews about the Philips.
Anyone else have any good suggestions? Is there a web page that reviews players, and maybe has a comparison chart?