Yup; me again with some more blue-screen action!
This is it's the dreaded "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO" error.
I did verify the Mircrosoft Knowledge base regarding this issue and they only offer support tips as "If you've installed Hardware recently, remove the Hardware and try again" which doesn't really help me out much.
I get this error mostly when I transfer files from one drive to another or am downloading heavy files such as Server back-ups and such.
As far as I know, everything in my PC should be compatible with Windows XP and the only Drivers that weren't signed were my new Modem's. I did start noticing an increasing frequency of the problem since installing my new DSL modem yesterday.
Here's my setup:
- ASUS P4R800-VM Motherboard
- On-board Video, Sound and Networking
- Intel P4-compatible Celeron 2.4 Ghz
- 256mb x 2 400fsb Crucial RAM (512 Dual-Channel total)
- LG 52x CD-ROM
- Dunno what the Floppy is. Never use it anyway.
- Speedstream 5200 DSL Modem
- Western Digital 80gb w/ 8meg Cache 7200RPM
- Antec Solution SLK2650BQE (350w power) Case
Any suggestions or tips? If it says it might be a shared IRQ problem, how can I check or fix that problem?