Yesterday at about 5:30, Scott was in the bathroom (just gotten home from work so was changing clothes, etc), Josh was in my bedroom watching TV and I was downstairs watching something on my computer. Suddenly, there was a huge noise, loud pops and tremendously bright lights. My computer popped, tv popped, everything turned off. I saw sparks basically from my computer to the tv across the room, etc.
Josh & Scott came running downstairs. One of the tv's upstairs had popped and smoke poured out of it. The landlord's office is right in back of us across the alley in another townhome. One of their gutters fell off and landed on power lines and caused the power lines to cross, making a ****load of power go through everywhere. We were lucky and didn't have anything catch on fire. Our neighbors (in the other half of the duplex) had their fridge catch on fire. lol We got to spend an hour sitting outside, waiting for the ok from the firemen to go back inside.
So far, it looks like 2 TVs, vcr, cable box, floor lamp, desk lamp, 2 alarm clocks, 2 (maybe?) surge protectors & some power strips, and 2 desktop computers were fried. Bleh.
So now trying to get the management company to say that THEY will pay so that we don't have to go through our renter's insurance, thereby paying a $500 deductible.