For the Faithful!
The bad news is we missed the playoffs. The good news is that things can only get better. I am going help those who don't understand how the Lakeshow will rebuild in the next 2 years. It might not be pretty, but it will happen.
- 5 or 6 player contracts expire after next season. That does not just mean that we can trim some fat, it also means that other teams will be willing to trade for them because they can cut them loose and get valuable cap space.
- Brian Grants huge contract will be up after next season. Pat Riley paid too much to him and we get to eat the last couple season of his contract. He is a max player. Think of it like.. bye bye Grant, Hello Yao!
- Phil Jackson will most likely be the head coach.
I don't see him trying to fix NY up and he wont coach anyone else except maybe LeBron. Jackson needs one more ring and Kobe is even having dinner with the old Zen Master. I dont particulary care for Jackson, but I will take any good coach at this point.
- We can afford one max player after next season. Just in case you missed the above point!
- We get a draft pick this year. We never get them, but the last good one was EJ and hopefully can get somebody with that kind of potential.
- Kupchak may be fired. I think Buss used him for all his dirty work and they guy has a lot of bad things going for him. People wont trade with him cuz of the West days and he's no Jerry West. We'll see but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the next couple of seasons.
- Kobe. Hate him, love him, whatever... He is still the fiercest competitor in the game. He does it for selfish reasons, but that is "societies fault", right. (inside joke).
- The only franchise in the NBA to consistantly return to the finals. Half of all finals have involved the Lakers. No other team has won titles in 5 different decades. Don't get on Buss for losing Shaq. Dude wanted 30 million a year and wouldn't have shown up in the shape he did for Miami at 2/3rds the price. What that translates into is, with Shaq, we would have made the playoffs, but most likely have not gotten a ring this year.
- Jel has your back. I was there for the 12 year draught and it looks no where near as bad this time. The draught was actually fun cuz we spoiled it for a lot of teams and overachieved at times. It made the 1st of the 3 peat very special.
Keep the faith Laker fans. We'll be back. Enjoy the playoffs cuz we will be looking at some of those players to fill roster spots eventually.
ps: Thanks for giving me back my title.
Last edited by the jello is jigglin; 04-30-2005 at 02:39 AM.