My best friend and I were talking the other day and I happened to ask him what the reciprocity rules were in the state he lived. He asked me why I was interested and I answered honestly that we are looking into moving back to the east coast. However, that there were several road blocks which were causing problems and possibly delaying the move.
I explained that the roadblocks were making sure I could work while I was studying, determining whether to move back to Florida or Philly, and my wife's job and where she could transfer to.
Today, out of the blue my friend calls me and tells me that he talked to his boss about me and his boss is willing to hire me on immediately while I study for the bar exam. I would be doing legal work, but not working as a full attorney until I passed the bar there, but it would give me a job both while I was studying and after I passed. The only catch is I need to let him know by the end of the week and would have to start immediately. (Meaning, I would have to move to Philly immediately, leaving my wife in San Diego at her job with our apartment/condo and would probably need to live with one of my family members there for a bit while I found a place.)
In one sense, I think its great that I got an offer to start immediately while I study. The other side of the coin is the fact that I didnt ask my friend to do this for me and I worry what his boss would think if I choose NOT to take this offer. (We hadnt decided to move yet nor which state to move to, I was doing preliminary information and even told my friend this.) I feel like my friend went out of his way to help me (although it was partially for himself as he hates me living cross country and he has even said that) and if I dont take it, I could hurt him at his job.
Well, I guess this will be an interesting conversation when my wife gets off her plane tonight.