I am in need of some quick advice and need a decision by the end of the workday today.
I'm taking 2 courses in 6-week summer session at my university. I just called my math professor and found out I got the lowest score on my first test, albeit it's a 35/60 (58%). I'm also taking an in-major senior level class in ECE (electrical engineering). Here's my assessment:
1) I only need 9 credits to graduate this fall, and need 12 to be full time, so I can retake this course in the fall, and it won't cost me any more than it would if I didn't take it.
2) I will be homeless for one week in August, my lease is up at my current apartment and the lease starts at the new place one week later. Major stress anticipated during the moving time.
If I drop the course:
1) I get $315 refund. It's paltry, but it's something.
2) Easier time focusing on my ECE class with its tests and projects
If I keep the course:
1) I have to get B+ and A's on all of the tests and final to get a B or higher (my goal for courses)
2) I can take an easy freshman filler class to get to 12 credits in the fall.
I feel bad only getting $300 back on a $3600 investment for 2 classes (would have cost $2000 for only taking one class), but it's almost like it's going to cost $9000 in the fall no matter what, so I could take it then, only my semester would be harder.
What do I do?? What would you do? I need to decide today.